[Talk-us] Katahdin Woods and Waters National Monument

Kevin Kenny kevin.b.kenny at gmail.com
Fri Aug 26 13:23:02 UTC 2016

On 08/26/2016 01:57 AM, Clifford Snow wrote:
> I asked the question on the talk-us-nps mailing list. A number of NPS
> folks follow that list.
>
> NPS data center, IRMA[1], doesn't have boundaries for the park yet.
>
> [1] https://irma.nps.gov/DataStore/

If it doesn't come from another source in the next week or two, and as
long as nobody raises a legal objection that I can't see, I'll take a
shot at reconstructing the bounds from the tax map, preferring data with
some possible inaccuracies to no data at all.

If someone could step forward, I'd appreciate it, since I'm
colour-blind, and without using my assistive app, the orange and green
on the NPS map is very hard for me to discriminate. Being able to
re-render things like that to accommodate my vision is one of many
things I like about OSM.

Kevin