[Talk-us] Katahdin Woods and Waters National Monument

Clifford Snow clifford at snowandsnow.us
Fri Aug 26 16:26:58 UTC 2016

I have a good outline of the park. It originally was a multipolygon with 52
objects. I've simplified it by merging areas that were separated by rivers
and using the "Simply Way" tool in JOSM. The .osm file is available for
review on Dropbox [1]

Thanks to Kerry Gallivan for providing the boundary shapefile.

When looking at it in JOSM, the E Branch Penobscot River is missing the
waterway in many sections. The riverbank is mapped but no waterway.  See
[2] for an example. It should be fixed. Can someone familiar with the area
please fix the river?

Before anyone traces in the outline, please review it.

Clifford

[1] https://www.dropbox.com/s/j4qmu9h9uelr711/KatahdinWoods%
26Waters.osm?dl=0
[2] http://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=16/46.0060/-68.7125