[Talk-us] USBR 66 in Oklahoma

Volker Schmidt voschix at gmail.com
Mon Dec 5 14:28:11 UTC 2016

Just a heads up, I'm noticing the relation for USBR 66 in Oklahoma is darn
> near unmaintainable due to the sheer size of it, and I'm taking action now
> to prevent the problem from getting far worse in the future.
>
> The fact that the west end of the relation ends on a dual carriageway
> leading into Texas makes this relation extremely difficult to validate as a
> single relation.  This relation is presently over 1400 ways and is growing
> thanks to lane tagging efforts in the region.  As this relation has a huge
> number of dual and single carriageway segments, it's going to be easiest to
> split this into two relations by direction so at least editors can properly
> validate this relation.

Thanks for bringing this up. I have just ridden most of the proposed USBR66
from East to West and noticed that a  non-negligible part of the route is
on one-way roads. I fully agree that the best solution is to have two
relations, one for each direction. I have come to the same conclusion here
in Italy where the problem is less the dual-carriageway issue, but the
increasing number of roundabouts or inner-city one-way systems which have
the same effect on bicycle routes.
I think it's only natural to do it this way. We already do it regularly for
bus routes.

Volker
Padova, Italy