[Talk-us] An actual mini roundabout!

Rihards richlv at nakts.net
Sat Dec 10 02:49:31 UTC 2016

On 2016.12.09. 08:21, Paul Johnson wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 8, 2016 at 7:12 PM, Clifford Snow <clifford at snowandsnow.us
> <mailto:clifford at snowandsnow.us>> wrote:
>
>     Elliott,
>     Here is a mini-roundabout [1] in my town along with an article [2]
>     that talks about how much less it costs to install a mini-roundabout.
>
>     [1] https://www.dropbox.com/s/1k2usg6abxi8kal/mini-roundabout.png?dl=0
>     <https://www.dropbox.com/s/1k2usg6abxi8kal/mini-roundabout.png?dl=0>
>
>     [2] http://www.djc.com/news/co/12069069.html
>     <http://www.djc.com/news/co/12069069.html>
>

> That's got a curbed truck apron in the middle,  I wouldn't call that a mini.

definitely. please only tag as miniroundabouts places that you would
pass straight in a normal car :)

similarly, if there is an island, it is better to map a circle way, not
just a node with turning_circle - the latter should be used only for
"full" circles without any objects in the middle.
--
 Rihards