[Talk-us] An actual mini roundabout!

Paul Johnson baloo at ursamundi.org
Sun Dec 11 07:17:02 UTC 2016

On Sat, Dec 10, 2016 at 5:57 PM, Bill Ricker <bill.n1vux at gmail.com> wrote:

> That seems dangerous for USA where (most of us) can't even manage to
> navigate the normal kind of rotary ("round-about" with shrubbery
> center) safely and correctly. Too many of us would take the left turn
> the same as they were used to when they should circulate.

I suspect this is a big factor as to why there's basically just that one.

> No Left Turn 4-6pm is hard enough to get dubious drivers to observe.

Depends on the area, I suspect.  In Oklahoma, there's typically flap-out
signs on a timer, unfurling when the restriction is in effect, and folding
back up when the restriction ends (often with the conditions for the
restriction also on the sign).  So even if the sign is open for some other
reason (like a power failure, since they fail open), people often ignore
the conditions and treat the restriction as if it's in effect.