[Talk-us] An actual mini roundabout!

Clifford Snow clifford at snowandsnow.us
Sat Dec 10 06:58:41 UTC 2016

On Fri, Dec 9, 2016 at 6:38 PM, Bill Ricker <bill.n1vux at gmail.com> wrote:

> Does it do harm to treat a mini as a regular roundabout in the land that
> isn't even doing big roundabouts right yet?

Probably no harm but if you were a trucking company looking to deliver
goods to an address was only accessible via a roundabout, you might want to
make sure the truck could transverse the roundabout. The roundabout in my
example has a small diameter which could preclude longer trailers from
using if the center was impassable. To get to the businesses would mean
driving 5 miles south on the interstate before heading back on the frontage
road.

I think the document that went with this roundabout is pretty clear that it
is intended as a mini-roundabout, even with the raised apron. The weather
is pretty crummy right now or I'd get some pictures.

--
@osm_seattle
osm_seattle.snowandsnow.us