[Talk-us] evacuation_center=yes

Clifford Snow clifford at snowandsnow.us
Thu Feb 4 15:53:36 UTC 2016

On Thu, Feb 4, 2016 at 7:41 AM, Blake Girardot <bgirardot at gmail.com> wrote:

> What tags are we using in the US for disaster evacuation centers for like
> hurricanes and things?
>
> http://taginfo.osm.org/keys/evacuation_center#map
>
> Shows none in the US but I know we have a lot.
>
> I am looking for the right tag to use but am just so shocked we don't use
> that tag in the US, is there another one I should be looking at?

Blake,
I'm on the west coast. We have evacuation routes for tsunamis but I've
never seen any evacuation centers. The tag appears to be from the
Phillipines [1] where most of the nodes are clustered.

Slightly of topic, shouldn't the correct tag be evacuation_centre? There is
a small number of evacuation_centre in taginfo.

[1] http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Philippines/Mapping_conventions

--
@osm_seattle
osm_seattle.snowandsnow.us