[Talk-us] Stillwater, OK build and address import

Mike Henson mikehenson at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 10 20:01:22 UTC 2016

Talk US,
I reached out a year ago to the City of Stillwater, OK asking about
official bicycle routes and seeing if I could have access to their building
outlines and address data. Last week, The City of Stillwater asked me to do
a presentation "introduction to OSM" for their bicycle/ped/ADA work. I
presented OSM to them and all seamed impressed with OSM. I asked the them
if I could get the building outlines and address information. Well, they
emailed me the shape files today.

I have opened the data in JOSM and it is looking good. I have NOT uploaded
any data yet. I also do not think an automated import is wise because I
have already mapped many buildings and addresses. I would rather do smaller
neighborhood imports with JOSM that I can manually check before uploading.
I also plan to start a wiki page for this information. I also am reaching
out to the import mailing list.

Mike