[Talk-us] Smartphone App that searches OSM addresses?

Mike N niceman at att.net
Sun Jan 10 03:49:09 UTC 2016

In the case where a county completely revamps its road network and
addressing scheme for E911 purposes, then authorizes its road and
address data to OSM, and it's properly imported, are there any
Smartphone apps for both Android and IOS that would search those
addresses?   And have turn by turn routing.

   My cursory review:

   OffMaps2 - Yes on address search, no on routing
    GPS Nav - uses commercial address reference over OSM address
    Scout - "  "
     OSMAnd - theoretically Yes on Android (I haven't tried it), I can't
get any OSM address search to work on iPhone

  Any suggestions?