[Talk-us] Local OSM groups in the US

Dale Kunce dale.kunce at gmail.com
Tue Jan 12 01:49:09 UTC 2016

Martijn,
While Missing Maps is mostly internationally focused we always hoped to
support local OSM communities in the US. We would love to find more ways we
can support the mapping of vulnerable populations in the US. I'd like to
participate when you have your next call.

Great initiative and I look forward to helping out.

Dale

On Mon, Jan 11, 2016 at 8:08 PM, Martijn van Exel <martijn at openstreetmap.us>
wrote:

> Hi all,
> Eleanor, Clifford and I started talking about ways to make local OSM
> groups more successful, and / or how to support more of them. See our
> meeting notes here if you are interested:
> https://gist.github.com/mvexel/ffefcbf2c3012af51f16
>
> Currently we are compiling a list of local groups that are active. Here is
> what we have right now (after only a bit of searching Meetup by Clifford)
>
> Bay Area OSMToronto OSM EnthusiastsOSM ColoradoOSM SeattleOSM Salt Lake
> CityOSM Tampa BayPhoenix GeoOSM St. Louis Mid America MappersOSM Southern
> CaliforniaOSM OttawaMapping DCOSM Kansas CityOSM VancouverMapGive
> mapathon (DC)
> Do you know of any others, please let us know! With a link / contact
> person if possible.
>
> We will meet again in a couple of weeks. If you want to help think about
> and work on ways to support local OSM groups, let us know and we will make
> sure you get on the next call with us.
>
> Thanks,
> Martijn

sent from my mobile device