[Talk-us] Fwd: State Park Boundary shp file

Paul Johnson baloo at ursamundi.org
Mon Jan 25 17:39:42 UTC 2016

On Sat, Jan 23, 2016 at 5:30 PM, Ian Butler <mypublic at runbox.com> wrote:

> Another possibility for state park boundary shp files might be the
> Oklahoma Protected Areas Database at the Oklahoma Biological Survey.
> I have not seen this data; but I worked on the original public lands layer
> for the Oklahoma GAP project.
>
> http://biosurvey.ou.edu/PAD/PAD.html
>
> "PAD-OK is an aggregated dataset, incorporating data as provided by land
> owners, administrators, or best available sources.
> Inconsistencies in data quality and scale may be present. Because of
> possible data inconsistencies, PAD-OK is best for landscape
> level analysis (1:100,000 or greater)..."

Excellent!  I'm able to read this.  It's not *quite* in alignment, but it's
close enough that I can conflate it easily on a case by case basis.  But,
looking at
http://www.ou.edu/content/publicaffairs/webpolicies/termsofuse.html, I'm
wondering if this is even a dataset that we can use, or if it's just
typical boilerplate that is nullified by the Open Records Act.