[Talk-us] WikiProject United States Bicycle Route System

OSM Volunteer stevea steveaOSM at softworkers.com
Mon Jul 4 20:16:07 UTC 2016

Hello fellow national bicycle map enthusiasts, and Happy Birthday, USA:

Please see our wiki at https://wiki.osm.org/wiki/WikiProject_U.S._Bicycle_Route_System for latest status, where you'll see our project is now ~97% complete.  There remains some mileage to enter, for which OSM has official state DOT route data and explicit AASHTO permission:

USBR 7 in Connecticut (new route, lightly seeded in the south),
USBR 7 in Massachusetts (new route, lightly seeded in the north),
USBR 7 in Vermont (from Autumn 2015, about 30% done:  from Canada south to Burlington),
USBR 321 in Georgia (from Autumn 2015 route, additional spur off of USBR 21, lightly seeded)
USBR 521 in Georgia (from Autumn 2015 route, additional spur off of USBR 21, lightly seeded)

There are also some minor improvements to two routes in Alaska yet to be entered, details are on the wiki.

Especially if you are local, and/or a bicycle enthusiast, you are most welcome to please help OSM complete these last 3% of our national bicycle routes, all now fully approved by AASHTO!  Your reward is to see the new routes "blossom" on our Cycle Map layer, as well as that great feeling of making OSM the world's best map for United States Bicycle Routes.

To add or improve national bicycle route(s) to OSM, whether segments of USBR 7 in Western New England, spurs in Georgia, or improvements in Alaska, please, “just read our wiki and GO!”

Regards,
SteveA
WikiProject USBRS coordinator