[Talk-us] Common names of highways do not match road signs.

Kevin Morgan morgankevinj at fastmail.fm
Fri Jul 8 02:32:40 UTC 2016

It is confusing to use open street maps in my area(Central Ohio) for
driving directions since the "common names" of high ways do not match
road signs. The common names are used by open map chest for road names.
For example when turning on to State Route 315 with OpenMapChest loaded
on my GPS I am directed to turn on to Olentangy Freeway. However the
tiger name on open street maps is State route 315. Would it make more
sense to configure driving maps to use tiger names for driving
directions,  change commons names to include the state route number or
interstate number, or add state route number/ interstate number as a
different tag?

--
  Kevin Morgan
  morgankevinj at fastmail.fm