[Talk-us] Map spam

Mike N niceman at att.net
Sun Jul 10 19:45:54 UTC 2016

On 7/10/2016 3:30 PM, OSM Volunteer stevea wrote:
> It is just not that big of a problem.  I am weirdly impressed by the odd combination of "quite well-formed data tagging, yet I can still (nearly always) determine that the node is spam."  In other words, they are trying hard to fly in under our radar, but we (experienced OSM editors, AND the DWG's diligence) have pretty good radar.

I have seen a number of these - at first there was some app generating
invalid OSM tags, but excellent geolocation (to OSM standards, center of
main business building).    Then a handful recently with correct OSM
tags and excellent geolocaction.   In some cases I add further detail
such as driveways, improving surrounding roads, perhaps adding a building.