[Talk-us] Where to find airport information?

Lars Ahlzen lars at ahlzen.com
Tue Mar 8 17:16:27 UTC 2016

Ian is right that not all private airports are recognized by the FAA.
The two examples you gave appear to be examples of that.

The second example *is* shown on FAA's VFR Sectional Chart (that pilots
use to navigate in visual conditions) as an "unverified" airport
(circled U) but with no additional info:

https://skyvector.com/?ll=45.524630359,-109.5904083&chart=301&zoom=3

As far as I know, FAA's "Airport/Facility Directory" is the official
list of airports in the United States, and it has a lot of useful
information. Of course, that doesn't help in this case since these
airports are not in it.

https://www.faa.gov/air_traffic/flight_info/aeronav/digital_products/dafd/search/

- Lars