[Talk-us] Tagging National Forests

Russell Deffner russdeffner at gmail.com
Mon May 9 17:31:58 UTC 2016

Hey Elliot and all,

Thanks for this notice, I think it is two separate issues. One is the use of the landuse=forest tag which has been discussed many times on many lists. The other is the rendering, I think this is ‘just’ a rendering issue as you can see where ‘meadow/grass/scrub’ coloring is ‘overlaid on-top’ of the forest/green, but the tree icon stays.  Of course this can be ‘mitigated’ with relations, but that’s part of why I haven’t made progress in ‘my neck of the woods’.  There’s actually some great momentum in several directions with our local meetup[1] so I might try to bring this up/make an effort to ‘clean-up’ forests here.

Cheers,

=Russ

[1] OSM-Colorado: http://www.meetup.com/OSM-Colorado/