[Talk-us] Dual carriage way?

Tod Fitch tod at fitchdesign.com
Sat May 14 16:50:43 UTC 2016

> On May 14, 2016, at 9:13 AM, Eric Ladner <eric.ladner at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=16/30.0752/-90.5123
>
> This section of West Airline Hwy was probably imported from Tiger as a dual carriage way.
>
> This section is two lanes in either direction with a center turning lane for quite a few miles through town (no center divider).
>
> I've converted a lot of "FIXME" single ways into dual one way highways, but I've never converted one back the other way.
>
> Before I embark on converting it to a single way, just wanted to get the thoughts of other US mappers.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Eric

It looks to me like Chris Lawrence[1] changed it from a single way marked as a primary to a dual carriage way in change set 273728[2] back in 4/27/08, so I don’t think it was imported from Tiger that way.

It looks like Chris is still an active mapper, so you might want to contact him to see what he has to say

[1] https://www.openstreetmap.org/user/Chris%20Lawrence
[2] https://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/273728

Tod