[Talk-us] PROPOSED IMPORT: NYC DEP Watershed Recreation Areas

Kevin Kenny kevin.b.kenny+osm at gmail.com
Sat May 28 03:53:16 UTC 2016

As I mentioned informally on-list a few days ago, I am contemplating
an import of the boundaries of the recreation areas belonging to the
New York City Department of Environmental Protection, Bureau of Water
Supply. Since I heard no cries of protest, I assembled a formal
project plan at

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Import:_NYCDEP_Watershed_Recreation_Areas

and linked to it from the Import/Catalogue page.

If I don't hear any serious objections (I think that my reply to
Frederik Ramm adequately addresses his concern about observability), I
plan to import the first few areas in another week, solicit peer
review of those, and then import the rest of them about a week after
that.

I'm quite confident that the geospatial part of the import is in very
good shape to proceed. The semantic part is of greater concern. I
recognize that the ice is thin under some of the tagging. If anyone
has a better idea, I'd be glad to hear it!