[Talk-us] Rail rendering support in our wiki?

OSM Volunteer stevea steveaOSM at softworkers.com
Tue Oct 25 00:31:27 UTC 2016

As I contribute to our wiki pages, I find it useful in certain circumstances to use this syntax:

<slippymap h=480 w=720 z=11 lat=37.35 lon=-121.98 layer=cycle></slippymap>

to display (instead of mapnik/Standard) a bicycle-oriented map (Cycle Map layer, note "layer=cycle" above).  See, for example, http://wiki.osm.org/wiki/South_Bay_(SF),_California for Silicon Valley's unique "Expressways" and extensive bicycle infrastructure.

As I also make USA rail contributions, is there any way that our wiki might allow similar "layer=rail" syntax to display OpenRailwayMap (.org), for example to display an appropriate rendering at the top of our California/Railroads wiki page?

Also, if OSM's "layer" control (stack icon) added OpenRailwayMap, (to complement our Transport layer; thank you, Andy), that would be GREAT!

Thanks in advance to whomever might get this or these "stitched in" to our wonderful project,

SteveA
California