[Talk-us] Deleting / Closing / Renaming all places in a chain

Elliott Plack elliott.plack at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 16:27:38 UTC 2016

I ran some queries on Overpass Turbo. There are only 15 POIs that match
some variant of ITT Tech in the USA. Here's the full list:
https://gist.github.com/anonymous/9a8770998bacbb7bc7ba81f93eca618d . Here
is the query: http://overpass-turbo.eu/s/igB

While it is important to be critical of automated edits, I don't agree that
the community should prefer an outdated map to inspire new mappers.
Following that logic, I should just quit OSM altogether so that the local
map will go stale and others will pick it up, right? No, of course not. We
should be editing what we know or can reasonably assume is there based on
information, and then others can fill in the gaps as they find them.

Elliott Plack
http://elliottplack.me