[Talk-us] Mappers in Idaho!

Greg Morgan dr.kludge.gm at gmail.com
Mon Sep 12 13:34:23 UTC 2016

On Tue, Aug 9, 2016 at 11:49 AM, OSM Volunteer stevea <
steveaOSM at softworkers.com> wrote:

> I wanted to chime in my great enthusiasm for Greg Morgan helping or
> leading a good, chunky data effort in OSM like this.  Greg took on the USBR
> 90 effort in Arizona, hundreds and hundreds of miles of bicycle route, now
> very well entered in OSM and AASHTO-approved.  It took him weeks, but it
> would take anybody weeks or months, and he did a fantastic job.
>
> Greg was like a co-pilot, taking his responsibilities very seriously,
> using Mapillary to super effect, asking excellent questions, taking the
> small amount of direction required very well and just being all-around a
> top-notch communicator and team member.  If you have any interest in this
> Idaho project, notice that below, Greg offers to lead the effort!  So,
> listen up and throw your shoulder in with him and watch wonderful things
> happen in OSM with Greg at the helm.  Collaborating with him is like an
> enjoyable adventure!
>
> Regards,
> SteveA
> California

Steve,

Thanks for the kind words.  August was consumed with other activities than
OSM. At Elliot Plack's prompting a github repo was established.[1]  There
are a number of data questions that have come up.  Just like the USBR 90
project in Arizona where I established a relationship with the state
bicycle coordinator, I am using a similar approach with this effort. Teton
Idaho has been thankful for a few questions that I have brought up.  I sent
off additional questions this morning.  In addition, the repo has
educational qualities to it.  I believe that will be far more important
than just shoving the data into OSM.

Regards,
Greg

[1] https://github.com/osmlab/teton-idaho