[Talk-us] Talk-us Digest, Vol 113, Issue 10

Mark Bradley ethnicfoodisgreat at gmail.com
Thu Apr 6 19:23:26 UTC 2017

> Date: Wed, 05 Apr 2017 15:56:02 -0700
> From: Charlotte Wolter <techlady at techlady.com>
> To: Bill Ricker <bill.n1vux at gmail.com>,Talk-US at openstreetmap.org
> Subject: Re: [Talk-us] Response from TIGER about "driveways

[...]

> It would be nice if there were a way to pop up some kind of warning about local
> anomalies for mappers. Maybe that is something for the future.
>
> Charlotte

Somewhat in a similar vein, as a native American English speaker, I have wondered if it would be desirable for the editors to contain a feature that would pop up a suggestion or warning, while tagging with an American English word or phrase, which would specify the British English equivalent.  Or maybe there's a wiki page that lists some common equivalents?  Even more basic, is it stated anywhere in the wiki that British English terms are to be used?  I know that's the policy, but I was wondering if it's documented.

Mark