[Talk-us] More about named driveways in Virginia

Jonah Adkins jonahadkins at gmail.com
Wed Apr 12 01:27:21 UTC 2017

hi!

i’ve also run into this issue in the more rural parts of the virginia...
not sure if it’s been mentioned in this thread, but the state GIS org (VGIN) offers many layers that are collated from all localities. these layers include services and downloads for buildings, parcels, and roads.

specifically roads are part of the road centerline (RCL) program, an effort to create a statewide 911 centerline layer. the data is requested from localities then processed to the state’s data model.

the link for their open data site is http://vgin.maps.arcgis.com/home/index.html <http://vgin.maps.arcgis.com/home/index.html>

i’ve requested a few times to them to include a license with their data and not just an ‘as is’ disclaimer (hoping to do some rural building imports), but since i’m the only person who’s ever asked i was told the “disclaimer should suffice”
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

thx,

jonah
@jonahadkins