[Talk-us] Fixing Multipolygons

Bryan Housel bryan at 7thposition.com
Fri Apr 21 14:48:52 UTC 2017

Jochen thanks for taking the lead on this issue!

I just wanted to add for anyone working on this effort, old-style multipolygons will render a bit differently in iD soon.
They will have little gaps along the edge, screenshot here:
https://github.com/openstreetmap/iD/issues/3908#issuecomment-296041755 <https://github.com/openstreetmap/iD/issues/3908#issuecomment-296041755>

Anyone who is interested in trying out this new version of iD can do so here:
http://preview.ideditor.com/master/ <http://preview.ideditor.com/master/>
(And please report any issues that you find: https://github.com/openstreetmap/iD/issues <https://github.com/openstreetmap/iD/issues> )

If you are looking for old-style multipolygons to clean up, head over to my home state of New Jersey, which is full of them.
As a bonus, many of them are also tagged with the deprecated `landuse=farm`. :)

Thanks, Bryan