[Talk-us] TIGER fixup for Hurricane Harvey potential impact areas
bmay at mapwise.com
Fri Aug 25 20:56:51 UTC 2017
Calling all TIGER fixup junkies. I've been poking around the coastal
areas of Texas where Hurricane Harvey is expected to make landfall and
seeing a lot of TIGER fixup needed. More and more websites depend on OSM
so it would be nice to provide more accurate and updated info than what
is there now. Maps and GIS are going to be heavily relied on especially
after the storm.
- Streets that aren't there
- Tracks marked as residential. Many tracks are barely visible or edges
of farms and should be deleted.
- Driveways marked as residential streets (should be service).
- Streets needing realignment.
- Streets not connecting properly.
An interesting site using OSM is https://livestormchasing.com/map
Storm chaser locations are shown on OSM in real time and there are video
feeds from some of them. So that means you can get real time video of
what the ground looks like! Lots of flooding already happening along the
Brian aka grouper
More information about the Talk-us