[Talk-us] SEO Damage to OSM

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Thu Jul 6 11:25:03 UTC 2017

Hi,

On 06.07.2017 13:01, Mike N wrote:
>    In the larger picture, what damage is being done to OSM by the
> 'spam', once the correct and standard tags are being used?

... and we can be reasonably sure that whoever said the business was at
this location, actually knew and not just guessed ;)

> I'd like to
> have it clear that it's being reverted on the basis of being a stealth
> import where the origin of the geolocation data is suspect, rather than
> just having more words in the description tag than an average mapper
> would include.

Yes. I think that if someone registers to add their own shop and is a
bit over-enthusiastic, that's totally forgivable, it's just when someone
offers this as a service to third parties that we'd like the SEO company
to be a partner who understands and respects OSM, and not someone who
treats us like another advertising dumping ground.

Bye
Frederik