[Talk-us] Best practice in Singpost Editing

Minh Nguyen minh at nguyen.cincinnati.oh.us
Mon Jul 17 11:52:19 UTC 2017

On 17/07/2017 02:13, Horea Meleg wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Me and my Telenav colleagues are editing Signposts in Detroit area. We
> were wondering which would be the complete information in this case,
> when a secondary(primary) road and a motorway_link intersect - should a
> motorway_junction tag be added?
>
> 42.482377, -83.259498

I assume you're referring to
<http://www.openstreetmap.org/node/61863741>. This node should not be
tagged highway=motorway_junction, because the motorway_link in this case
is an on-ramp (motorway entrance). highway=motorway_junction is only
used at the beginning of an off-ramp (exit) -- that is, a link way that
leads away from the motorway.

However, it is a good idea to add destination and destination:ref tags
based on any signage you see near the beginning of this ramp. Navigation
software needs these tags to be used with on-ramps and off-ramps alike.

minh at nguyen.cincinnati.oh.us