[Talk-us] Territorial municipalities, Guam's villages

OSM Volunteer stevea steveaOSM at softworkers.com
Tue Jul 18 02:32:12 UTC 2017

Does anybody know if the map of Guam's villages at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Villages_of_Guam#/media/File:Map_of_Guam_villages.svg is accurate and up-to-date?  It's rough, but usable, and appears compatible with OSM's ODbL.  Are there better data which OSM has permission to use?  Guam's villages are "territorial municipalities," much like counties (admin_level=6) in the 50 US states (says the Census Bureau and an OSM consensus that so tags other such things).

Those now entered into OSM are much smaller than the villages in that map.  It may be that the OSM-entered villages are administrative subdivisions even smaller than the officially-designated "villages."  For example, OSM has a village named Ordot which "fits into" the municipality of Chalan Pago-Ordot.  But I don't want to guess or speculate, I'd like these ambiguities resolved so we can correctly tag Guam's municipalities.

Are there any Guam-savvy readers on talk-us?  Håfa ådai!

Puedi ha' todu maolek,

Nå'ån-hu si SteveA
Taotao California yo'