[Talk-us] NJ mass road demotions?

Richard Fairhurst richard at systemed.net
Sun Jun 11 10:36:28 UTC 2017

Bryan Housel wrote:
> What’s an acceptable amount of time to wait for a response before I
> just start reverting?

I commented on another of granpueblo's changesets on 21st May and have also
not had a response yet. Given that, you probably only need to wait just a
couple of days before embarking on a revert.

(More generally, we need to think about how we communicate "be bold in what
you add, careful in what you change" to new mappers. We see this fairly
often in the UK too - over-assertive changes from someone who, through no
fault of their own, doesn't understand OSM conventions; and on occasion the
response ends up putting the contributor off continuing with OSM.)

Richard