[Talk-us] Need advice on a project i've taken on

Minh Nguyen minh at nguyen.cincinnati.oh.us
Mon Jun 12 02:47:58 UTC 2017

On 11/06/2017 16:19, Hans De Kryger wrote:

> On Sun, Jun 11, 2017 at 1:38 PM, Shawn K. Quinn <skquinn at rushpost.com
> <mailto:skquinn at rushpost.com>> wrote:
>
>     What exactly is the rationale behind removing the zip code data?
>

> ​The usefulness is nonexistent ​

In the past, I've used these tags to sanity-check addr:postcode tags on
nearby POIs. I'm aware that ZIP codes are more complex than meets the
eye [1], although the left/right modeling used in the TIGER import is at
least consistent with ZIPs-as-routes. It was handy, but there are other
ways to sanity-check addr:postcode tags anyhow.

[1] https://github.com/iandees/wtf-zipcodes

minh at nguyen.cincinnati.oh.us