[Talk-us] Best practice in Lane Editing 2

Michael Patrick geodesy99 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 20 06:08:09 UTC 2017

> > Me and my Telenav colleagues are editing lane numbers in Detroit area.
> We found some cases that looks like this (42.43651692568901,
> -83.51102781049859): Our question is: what is the central lane used for and
> how do we map it? Should we count it as a separate lane and have 3 lanes in
> this case (one for each direction and one for both directions)

In that specific case, it is not a traffic lane per se, it a 'left turn
lane' when leaving the roadway, and a 'merge' lane if one is making a left
turn onto the roadways. It also acts as a traffic separator.

I used to live in that area - there is an *exceptional* piece of weirdness
at ( 42.5665399,-83.0309866 ).

Michael