[Talk-us] Key:man_made... Outdated language?

Clifford Snow clifford at snowandsnow.us
Fri Mar 10 23:54:26 UTC 2017

On Fri, Mar 10, 2017 at 3:17 PM, Blake Girardot <bgirardot at gmail.com> wrote:

> You bring up a good point of course. It sticks out to me too. I am not
> sure what a good alternative is though. human_made is not to bad.

Looking through taginfo for man_made, it strikes me that structure could
easily substitute for man_made, at least until you get to beehive. Since
beehive's key is man_made, I assume it's not talking about a
nature=beehive. Structure is already being used as a key so it would mean
depreciating man_made in favor of structure.

Having a discussion about man_made is healthy and we shouldn't be quick to
brush it off. Though moving the discussion to tagging might make sense.

Clifford

--
@osm_seattle
osm_seattle.snowandsnow.us