[Talk-us] "toll" related tags appropriate for park entrances?

Jack Burke burkejf3 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 20 15:44:31 UTC 2017

Are the various "toll" related tags appropriate for park entrances where
you have to stop and pay a fee?  For example, most state parks in Georgia
have a "parking fee" that you have to pay to an attendant when you enter
the park, so it seems appropriate to tag the collection point as
barrier=toll_booth, because you can't pass through if you don't pay.

I realize that "fee" (or parking_fee) is a more appropriate term to use,
but "barrier=fee_booth" (or fee anything) doesn't appear to have any usage
whatsoever according to taginfo, and I don't think inventing a new value is
necessary.

--jack