[Talk-us] "toll" related tags appropriate for park entrances?

OSM Volunteer stevea steveaOSM at softworkers.com
Tue Mar 21 16:56:46 UTC 2017

> Are the various "toll" related tags appropriate for park entrances where you have to stop and pay a fee?  For example, most state parks in Georgia have a "parking fee" that you have to pay to an attendant when you enter the park, so it seems appropriate to tag the collection point as barrier=toll_booth, because you can't pass through if you don't pay.
>
> I realize that "fee" (or parking_fee) is a more appropriate term to use, but "barrier=fee_booth" (or fee anything) doesn't appear to have any usage whatsoever according to taginfo, and I don't think inventing a new value is necessary.

I tagged barrier=toll_booth on numerous "exit lanes" at the parking facility at San Diego International Airport.  I also used this tag at a state park near me which has exactly the same sort of entrance attendant you mention collecting what is really a "park usage fee for those who drive in" but it is called a "parking fee."

It seems to perfectly capture the semantic we wish to express.

SteveA
California