[Talk-us] looking for advice on complex parking lot tagging for new baseball stadium

Shawn K. Quinn skquinn at rushpost.com
Tue Mar 21 20:55:02 UTC 2017

On 03/21/2017 03:20 PM, Jack Burke wrote:
> The new SunTrust Park baseball stadium is about to open, with the first
> game just before Easter.  In addition to on-grounds parking lots (the
> easy ones), many businesses and offices around the area have a parking
> agreement with the county and team to provide parking for games.
> However, most of these off-site parking lots have restricted hours for
> game attendees; the rest of the time, they're reserved for people who
> work in those buildings.
>
> Is there a suggested way to provide values for access, opening_hours and
> other tags to reflect the various time windows that access is allowed
> for the differing groups?
>
> Or just don't even bother?

There's a similar situation in Houston around what is now Minute Maid
Park (formerly Enron Field and Astros Field) where on-street parking is
prohibited from two hours before until one hour after the end of "Minute
Maid Park events" (which would mainly be Astros home games, of course,
but would include others) with a phone number to call for information.
I'm not sure if local businesses have a similar arrangement as there is
a lot of paid surface lot parking in the area in addition to paid lots
specifically reserved for MMP guests.

For now, I'm thinking just something in description=* until something
better is figured out?

http://www.rantroulette.com
http://www.skqrecordquest.com