[Talk-us] looking for advice on complex parking lot tagging for new baseball stadium

Jack Burke burkejf3 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 21 22:37:07 UTC 2017

Thanks for the suggestion, Shawn.  I think I'll go with that for now.

On a side note, I'm putting address data on the actual parking lots, too,
even though the buildings they're associated with already have address
data, because the Braves have been happily telling the world that all of
the parking lots have addresses that you can just put into your GPS system
to find them.  A lot of the parking lots bump up against other parking that
is intended for other buildings, and are NOT for stadium visitors, so I
want to be sure that people can navigate to the right parking lot
entrance.  Also putting the stadium's designation for the parking lots
(e.g., Braves East 42) in an alt_name tag; the parking lots do not have
official names (that I'm aware of), so using the name= tag seems wrong, but
at the same time, they need to be findable in a search.

--jack