[Talk-us] Is this a bad import or an experiment?

Ian Dees ian.dees at gmail.com
Wed Mar 22 11:59:38 UTC 2017

On Mar 22, 2017 7:49 AM, "Paul Johnson" <baloo at ursamundi.org> wrote:

On Wed, Mar 22, 2017 at 6:33 AM, Eric Ladner <eric.ladner at gmail.com> wrote:

> http://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=17/33.74152/-116.29677
>
> So much wrongness..  I don't even know where to start in describing it.

 This really "feels" like a botched import that has the potential to become
something actually good.  I've reached out.  http://www.openstreetmap.org/
changeset/38292137

I noticed this yesterday when working on broken relations... It doesn't
look like an import (mostly because they used iD and the digitization looks
like hand drawn iD) but the tagging doesn't look right. I'd say it's a
mapping project (they called it a "draw party") with good intentions but
that might need some tagging cleanup.