[Talk-us] Is this a bad import or an experiment?

andrzej zaborowski balrogg at gmail.com
Thu Mar 23 17:52:52 UTC 2017

On 23 March 2017 at 17:19, Eric Ladner <eric.ladner at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 23, 2017 at 9:25 AM andrzej zaborowski <balrogg at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> Unfortunately it looks like someone has started deleting the areas you
>> found, I looked at a random neighborhood and they were still visible
>> in the tiles but the map data shows only the small ones, now
>> unconnected to anything as the bigger ones are missing.  Haven't
>> looked at the edits history.
>>

> Nobody objected so I'm going through the area and removing the small
> driveway areas and replacing larger ones with service roads and/or parking
> areas as appropriate.

Ah I now see where you proposed this.  You should first contact the
original authors in any case.

It is a shame to lose all the work done when it is easy to retag
properly.  On the other hand it didn't seem too precise and could be
easier to replace than improve.  In any case I wouldn't delete it
before having something to replace the data.  It is orthogonal to the
highway centerlines -- one can exist without the other but eventually
both are useful and both will be added at some point.

Best regards