[Talk-us] Is this a bad import or an experiment?

Eric Ladner eric.ladner at gmail.com
Thu Mar 23 18:25:49 UTC 2017

[image: before_after.png]
On Thu, Mar 23, 2017 at 12:52 PM andrzej zaborowski <balrogg at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Ah I now see where you proposed this.  You should first contact the
> original authors in any case.

They do not appear to be active mappers.  Most haven't contributed outsdie
the few weeks they did this area in CA, and that was 11 months ago.

> It is a shame to lose all the work done when it is easy to retag
> properly.  On the other hand it didn't seem too precise and could be
> easier to replace than improve.  In any case I wouldn't delete it
> before having something to replace the data.  It is orthogonal to the
> highway centerlines -- one can exist without the other but eventually
> both are useful and both will be added at some point.

I'm replacing as much data as possible with relevant data.  Here's a
before/after example (attached above for some reason.. thanks Inbox).
After on the left, before on the right.  Saving the parking areas, walkways
and converting the area roads to way roads.