[Talk-us] Comparing Tiger 2017 dataset with OSM in a automated way.

Badita Florin baditaflorin at gmail.com
Wed Oct 11 09:03:48 UTC 2017

Hi, i wanted to ask if there will be interest around comparing TIGER 2017
with what we have in OSM, using CYGNUS, in a automated way.
http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/mvexel/diary/36746

On top of cygnus, i have developed shgp2cygnus, were you can place any
shapefile, any size, you provide a translation file, and, in the end, you
get a list with all the ways that are in the TIGER dataset, but not in OSM.

This would be something useful for the community ?

I don`t know if somebody is already doing something similar, or what is the
status ? Were can i read more ?

I knoiw that the TIGER 2017 Overlay in JOSM shows in red the roads that are
not in OSM, but are in TIger 2017.

But I don`t know were to read more, and if the data is accessible to
download directly, not just show as a WMS Layer.

It will take around 7-14 days to process all USA”