[Talk-us] Trunk

Wolfgang Zenker wolfgang at lyxys.ka.sub.org
Sat Oct 14 21:03:31 UTC 2017

Hi,

it looks to me that this discussion is going in circles, not forward
at the moment. IMHO it does not make a lot of sense to argue what might
be the true meaning of "trunk". Instead, we should concentrate on what
it should mean, document this meaning if we can agree on one and don't
worry to much about what other maps or different parts of the world
think a "trunk" is.

The definition of "trunk" that I have used so far: A highway that is of
the same network importance as a primary, but specifically constructed
for fast traffic.

Wolfgang