[Talk-us] dubious church node

Ed Hillsman hillsman at pobox.com
Sat Sep 30 00:18:42 UTC 2017

In my mapping in Albuquerque, I have come across a number of GNIS nodes tagged as churches or schools, in built-up areas, that I am unable to find on the ground anywhere near the coordinates. I’ve researched a few of them and found that they did exist at one time or another but have been demolished or incorporated into newer facilities. So I’ve added a note to these that they are “historic” but that I can’t pin down their location. Otherwise, I’ve left them alone, figuring someone with more knowledge of local history can figure out where they were located.

Ed Hillsman