[Talk-us] Rural US: Correcting Original TIGER Imported Ways

Ben Miller bborkmiller at gmail.com
Sun Feb 18 19:19:07 UTC 2018

On Mon, Feb 12, 2018 at 10:48 AM Clifford Snow <clifford at snowandsnow.us>
wrote:

> Does your state have a problem? Run the following overpass query to find
> out:
> https://overpass-turbo.eu/s/w74 - just replace "Washington"  Need help
> creating a Maproulette Challenge - just ask.

I've done a fair amount of TIGER touch-up in Michigan, but there's still a
lot of work left to be done, and this looks like a great way to get a
handle on it. One issue: Due to the automated name expansion that was done
on untouched TIGER ways a few years ago (which I think only affected roads
in the eastern US?) a lot of these ways have bot-mode as their most recent
user, rather than DaveHansenTiger. (1)

The catch is that sometimes the name expansion changed the name after a
human mapper had edited the way, so it wouldn't always be valid right to
include ways where bot-mode is the most recent editor. (2) I think if
bot-mode is the most recent editor and the way has only two versions, then
it should be in effect an untouched TIGER way, but I'm not sure how to get
Overpass-turbo to pull that info out.

Any suggestions?

1. Like this one: https://pewu.github.io/osm-history/#/way/17859200
2. For example: https://pewu.github.io/osm-history/#/way/17862968