[Talk-us] iD news - v2.6.0 lots of new features...

Bryan Housel bryan at 7thposition.com
Mon Jan 22 16:47:40 UTC 2018

Happy 2018!  I just released iD v2.6.0 yesterday..

๐Ÿ“ฃ  Release Highlights

- ๐ŸŽš  You can now adjust imagery brightness, contrast, saturation, and sharpness.
(Not currently available in Internet Explorer or Edge)
Try enhancing the background imagery by opening the Background pane (shortcut โ€œB") and adjusting the slider controls.

- ๐Ÿšซ  iD will now prevent users from drawing many self-crossing lines and areas.
See issue https://github.com/openstreetmap/iD/issues/4646 <https://github.com/openstreetmap/iD/issues/4646> for examples and more info.
You can override these checks by holding down the Alt/Option key while drawing.

- โ†•๏ธ  Features with a direction-type tag will display view cones indicating the directions they face.
This is useful for mapping features like street signs, traffic signals, billboards, security cameras, and more.

- ๐ŸšŠ  Transit-related presets have been updated to support Public Transport v2 tagging schema.
Many presets have new icons too, to better match the mode of transport (tram, light rail, trolleybus, etc.)
Try mapping some transit platforms, stations, stop positions, etc.

- ๐Ÿ“–  We've completely refreshed the in-app Help content in iD.
Huge thanks to Manfred Brandl, Minh Nguyแป…n, and our many volunteers on Transifex for their work on this!
Check out the new help texts by opening the Help pane (shortcut "H").

There are many many more presets, usability improvements, and bug fixes included too.
Iโ€™m really proud of the work weโ€™ve been able to roll into this release, and I hope everyone takes a look at the changelog.
About 20 people contributed pull requests, many of them are first time contributors:  Thank you!  ๐Ÿ™

Changelog:
   https://github.com/openstreetmap/iD/blob/master/CHANGELOG.md#260 <https://github.com/openstreetmap/iD/blob/master/CHANGELOG.md#260>

Twitter:
   v2.6.0, Imagery sliders:  https://twitter.com/bhousel/status/955146596211150852 <https://twitter.com/bhousel/status/955146596211150852>
   New Help content:  https://twitter.com/bhousel/status/955148340857065472 <https://twitter.com/bhousel/status/955148340857065472>

Reddit:
   https://www.reddit.com/r/openstreetmap/comments/7s2m3g/id_editor_v260_released_and_available_on/ <https://www.reddit.com/r/openstreetmap/comments/7s2m3g/id_editor_v260_released_and_available_on/>

As always, follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/bhousel <https://twitter.com/bhousel> for the latest iD news.  2018 will be a great year!

Thank you!
โค๏ธ Bryan, and the rest of the ๐Ÿ†” team.