[Talk-us] TIGER 2017 Pennsylvania county line import?

Albert Pundt roadsguy99 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 23 23:46:06 UTC 2018

I noticed many of the county lines in Pennsylvania are off by quite a bit.
I took the county lines from TIGER 2017 and imported them into JOSM, and am
ready to begin switching out the existing county lines in OSM. However, I
know to discuss before attempting any import, especially one of this scale.
What do you guys think?

I should add that with this import, I won't be attempting to add townships
to counties that don't already have them, nor will I be improving the
accuracy of existing town boundaries in said counties, except where they
are adjacent to the county lines.

I do have experience with this type of import, as I added township lines to
Lebanon County a few months ago.

Any objections?

—Albert