[Talk-us] admin_level=8 boundaries in Parker County, TX

Greg Troxel gdt at lexort.com
Thu Jul 12 14:01:36 UTC 2018

Frederik Ramm <frederik at remote.org> writes:

> I've recently traced a little bit of stuff in Annetta, TX. The area I
> looked at had a lot of potential for someone interested in mapping from
> aerial imagery (houses, tracks, driveways, parking missing; some
> driveways tagged as highway=residential etc.) and I did what I could in
> the small area I worked on, but there was one thing I didn't dare touch
> and that's admin boundaries. The ones I encountered often cut straight
> through residential buildings and I thought that can't be right, but I
> know too little about boundaries in the US to fix any of it. I am
> specifically talking of

Not commenting on that boundary (which others say needs help), but the
logic

  admin-8 bounadry goes through houses
    -->
  boundary must be wrong

is incorrect in the US.  Around me, there are multiple houses where the
boundary line indeed goes through them (where I've seen the boundary
markers, seen the houses, and talked to the occupants who pay taxes to
two towns).