[Talk-us] California is too big ;)

Joseph Eisenberg joseph.eisenberg at gmail.com
Tue Nov 6 21:45:24 UTC 2018

Counties in California are very different in size and population. A few in
the mountains have under 20,000 people and a rather small area. But Los
Angeles county has 10 million people and covers a huge area.

If 2 files become too big in a few years, it would be most useful to break
up the states into metropolitan statistical areas plus rural regions, but I
think this can wait. In the meantime NorCal / SoCal will work.