[Talk-us] California is too big ;)

Drew Dara-Abrams dda at dara-abrams.com
Wed Nov 7 18:06:56 UTC 2018

Hi Vivek, Interline's OSM Extracts service generates extracts for all of
those California metro regions that you list -- all extracts are updated
daily. See https://www.interline.io/osm/extracts/ and
https://github.com/interline-io/osm-extracts/blob/master/cities.json

Hi Frederik, we see the Interline OSM Extracts service as complementary to
Geofabrik, rather than trying to compete. Our own interest is in city/metro
extracts, as our clients use these to power routing engines and other
transportation analysis applications at the regional scale. It's great to
have the comprehensive country and state coverage provided by Geofabrik.
Feel free to drop me a line anytime at drew at interline.io.

I'm a native Californian and know how contentious the intra-state divides
can be... so I'll now leave this thread :)

Drew