[Talk-us] Add street names from TIGER

Martijn van Exel m at rtijn.org
Fri Nov 9 22:36:15 UTC 2018

Hi all,

As an experiment my colleagues from the Telenav map team churned out some local MapRoulette challenges for adding missing street names from TIGER. The tasks were created by comparing TIGER (2017) to existing OSM data using our conflation tool Cygnus, which outputs ways with no names in OSM but that have names in TIGER.

The task is simply to go in and add the name to OSM unless common sense tells you not to. I wrote a diary post that talks about these challenges a little more: https://www.openstreetmap.org/user/mvexel/diary/46879 <https://www.openstreetmap.org/user/mvexel/diary/46879>

We have a few of them currently active:
* New Orleans https://maproulette.org/mr3/browse/challenges/3086 <https://maproulette.org/mr3/browse/challenges/3086>
* Albuquerque / Santa Fe https://maproulette.org/mr3/browse/challenges/3066 <https://maproulette.org/mr3/browse/challenges/3066>
* Albany https://maproulette.org/mr3/browse/challenges/3088 <https://maproulette.org/mr3/browse/challenges/3088>
* Tucson https://maproulette.org/mr3/browse/challenges/3068 <https://maproulette.org/mr3/browse/challenges/3068>
* Tulsa https://maproulette.org/mr3/browse/challenges/3067 <https://maproulette.org/mr3/browse/challenges/3067>

There’s currently a total of 1303 tasks in these challenges. Just imagine how many tasks there could be nationwide. I will send an updated completion number for these challenges next week. Please give MapRoulette (another) try and let me know any issues or wishes at https://github.com/osmlab/maproulette3/issues <https://github.com/osmlab/maproulette3/issues>

Thanks and happy mapping —
Martijn