[Talk-us] Add street names from TIGER

Mike N niceman at att.net
Fri Nov 9 23:19:04 UTC 2018

On 11/9/2018 5:36 PM, Martijn van Exel wrote:
> As an experiment my colleagues from the Telenav map team churned out
> some local MapRoulette challenges for adding missing street names from
> TIGER. The tasks were created by comparing TIGER (2017) to existing OSM
> data using our conflation tool Cygnus, which outputs ways with no names
> in OSM but that have names in TIGER.

Looks like a great list of challenges!

   Considering that there are a number of counties in my region (Upstate
South Carolina) where we plan on synchronizing to the newest official
data and verifying against imagery, a TIGER compare challenge would be
counter-productive.   There were a great many name changes and street
additions and deletions compared to 2007 TIGER and probably even recent
TIGER.

   Of course there's always the chance in the future if all local
mappers go inactive, it would make sense to have a TIGER challenge to
add the new and growing areas.